Summer is in full bloom and it’s the right time to indulge in your own personal summer workout. As you sweat this during these summer months, you need to have the right kind of gear. Whatever your sport or workout activity, you can find the “hot” items to help you with your summer workout. In this article, we will review some of the most popular and innovative products we have seen this year in the fitness industry. These are also favorites of the crew here at Super Jock ‘n Jill.
- Hydroflask Water Bottles: These are perfect for the summer months. With their double-wall vacuum insulated TempShield technology, liquids remain hot up to 6 hours and cold up to 24 hours. These bottles come in varied sizes and are made of non-toxic BPA-free plastics and food-grade stainless steel. These water bottles also have a proprietary coating of powder so that your bottle does not slip, making it possible for you to carry it to your workout place easily.
- TELIC Flip Flops: These are unisex sandals that are worn as a form of casual wear. You can wear these to the beach, to the gym, or yoga class. TELIC Flip Flops are known the world over for their anatomically correct footbed. This style and brand of sandal also supports the arches of your feet. They have a deep heel cup with a great medial arch and metatarsal support. They come in several vibrant colors and are perfect for wearing during the hot summer months. TELIC Flip Flops are heat activated, which means that they react to your body temperature to give your feet a hug as they conform perfectly to the shape of your feet. These flip flops also support the arches of your feet through their custom deep heel cup while minimizing pressure. They are tested to rebound better, to maintain their shock-absorbing properties longer, and can last twice as long as your standard shoe. What’s more, they provide a gentle massaging effect while minimizing moisture and allow a cooling air flow under the foot.
- Foam Rollers: These are exercise devices used for massage and fitness. They are used for self-myofascial release, also called “foam rolling.” This is a form of self-massage, to release muscle tightness or trigger points. While usually long and cylindrical, foam rollers come in many shapes, sizes, and textures. When used for self-massage, they soothe tight, sore areas and speed up muscle recovery. While foam rollers have regularly been used by professional athletes and physical therapists, it is only now that healthcare professionals are beginning to understand their benefits for anyone who exercises. Foam rollers are great way to reduce stress and strain and they can help you become more flexible, increase your range of motion, and help your tight muscles recover from strenuous workouts. Foam rollers can also be used in a variety of exercise programs, such as Pilates and Yoga. Other forms of exercise use foam rollers to increase flexibility and range of motion, such as stretching and bending exercises.
- Waist packs: Runners and walkers love these handy devices as they can easily be used to hold your iPhone, keys, wallet and more. Most fitness enthusiasts need to store their iPhone somewhere safe during that run. Of course, today, your iPhone is also your fitness buddy. It has your tunes, the time, and trackers that measure the distance run, the calories burned, and sometimes even your heart rate. There are several different waistbands available that you can choose from. You can use your waistband to keep all your exercise accessories within easy reach. Most waistbands let you store everything from pens to inhalers and from your phone to your insulin pump. They are an important accessory while exercising outdoors during the hot summer months.
- SunBurn Suntan Lotion: This is something you can use every day for maximum protection from the sun. It is available in different SPF strengths, ranging from SPF 15 to SPF 50. There is a spray 30 available as well. Another staff favorite we use while running or sunning.
- SJJ T-shirt and Greenlake Kids Tees: These tees come in a variety of styles and colors. They are available for men, women and children and you can take your pick from a variety of tees. With so many options available, it is easy to pick that perfect tee that best expresses your personality. You can choose from classic or then, V-neck tees. These shirts were designed in-house and can only be found at SJJ.
Now you know a little more about what gear can help you get through your exercise routine during the summer months. Stock up on these and other basic items and be cool, even as you have fun. Super Jock ‘n Jill can help you stock up on different sports gear to help you get through the summer months.
So, whether it’s shoes, clothing, accessories, or then, sporting innerwear that you’re looking for, Super Jock ‘n Jill is the place to go to for all of your sporting needs. It is also the place where like-minded sports enthusiasts congregate, exchange notes, and swap sports stories.
The next time you’re in the Seattle area, visit Super Jock ‘n Jill and satisfy your penchant for great sports gear. Here’s hoping you have a great summer exercise routine with all of these items and more!